Tips to Estimate Your Lawn Size
Walk it off! (it’s the oldest trick in the book: each step is about a yard (3 ft.), multiply your steps by 3 to get yourself linear feet and then—back to geometry class, folks—multiply the length x width. Add all of the sections of yard together…
- Step 1: find your house
- Step 2: find your lot size
- Step 3: find your main floor square footage (if unknown), driveway square footage, and any other significant area you do not need serviced
- Step 4: subtract step 3 number from step 2 number
Ever mowed your yard with a push mower? Think of the time it takes you to mow and trim it:
- 20 min-1/2 hour? —probably a 2000-3999 sq ft yard
- 40-50 minutes? —probably a 4000-5999 sq ft yard
- 1-1.25 hours? —probably a 6000-8999 sq ft yard
- 1.5-2 hours? — probably a 9000-120000 sq ft yard
Remember, these are just guidelines. The goal is to get as close as you can. Size and price can be adjusted later, if needed.
Don't Be Shy. Get In Touch.
If you are interested in working together, send us an inquiry and we will get back to you as soon as we can!